Sunday, January 25, 2009

PRO TRAVEL TIP: China Adoption, Avoiding Jet Lag

Dear Travel Gear Guru –

I’m the woman from Rochester who is flying to China to adopt a new daughter and I’m writing again because I could use some more advice. I just found out our trip there and back will take over 20 hours each way (if we’re lucky)! I’ve been to Europe before and know how badly I react to jet lag. I’m really worried about how I’ll deal with a 20+ hour trip, especially with a new baby! I’m not much for medicines, so I really need your recommendations again!

Ann S., Rochester, NY


Dear Ann –

We’re always glad to hear from you! Don’t worry, you’ll be so excited about your new daughter that you’ll rise above the jet lag, but there are definitely things you can do to combat it.

Before I get to the question about jet lag, I wanted to mention Families with Children from China, a wonderful organization for families just like yours. They have many local chapters throughout the U.S. and around the world, as well as a super website. On their site, you’ll find an enormous amount of information about every aspect of the adoption process, along with information about travel to and within China and you don’t need to be a member to access the information. One of the reasons I mention this is that the organization has put together an extensive list of gear to pack that you should find extremely helpful.

Now, on to the question of jet lag! It will be helpful for you to read a previous post “Pro Travel Tip: Avoiding Jet Lag” where we outline all of the steps you can take to avoid and alleviate jet lag. And you’ll be happy to know that ProTravelGear offers a number of Homeopathic Jet Lag Relief Remedies made from all-natural products that will help you combat jet lag and will sidestep your concerns about medicinal jet lag products.

Ann, happy travels and please write any time!

The Travel Guru


At ProTravelGear.com, we are dedicated to providing you the best travel shopping experience possible, now even better with free shipping on all orders*. We proudly carry the industry's most recognized brands, like Patagonia, Ex Officio, Eagle Creek, Plane Quiet, and many others. We also offer new gift ideas, expert advice, and resources for trip planning.

No comments: